DID YOU KNOW......
1. If you are right handed, you will tend to chew your food on
your right side. If you are left handed, you will tend to chew
your food on your left side.
2. If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water.
For when a human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts
3. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
4. Your tongue is germ free only if it is pink. If it is white
there is a thin film of bacteria on it.
5. The Mercedes-Benz motto is “Das Beste oder Nichts” meaning
“the best or nothing”.
6. The Titanic was the first ship to use the SOS signal.
7. The pupil of the eye expands as much as 45 percent when a
person looks at something pleasing.
8. The average person who stops smoking requires one hour less
sleep a night.
9. Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the
immune system. Six-year-olds laugh an average of 300 times a
day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day.
10. The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our
ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging
through the veins in the ear.
11. Dalmatians are born without spots.
12. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
13. The ‘v’ in the name of a court case does not stand for
‘versus’, but for ‘and’ (in civil proceedings) or ‘against’ (in
14. Men’s shirts have the buttons on the right, but women’s
shirts have the buttons on the left.
15. The owl is the only bird to drop its upper eyelid to wink.
All other birds raise their lower eyelids.
16. The reason honey is so easy to digest is that it’s already
been digested by a bee.
17. Roosters cannot crow if they cannot extend their necks.
18. The color blue has a calming effect. It causes the brain to
release calming hormones.
19. Every time you sneeze some of your brain cells die.
20. Your left lung is smaller than your right lung to make room
for your heart.
21. The verb “cleave” is the only English word with two synonyms
which are antonyms of each other: adhere and separate.
22. When you blush, the lining of your stomach also turns red.
23. When hippos are upset, their sweat turns red.
24. The first Harley Davidson motorcycle was built in 1903, and
used a tomato can for a carburetor.
25. The lion that roars in the MGM logo is named Volney.
26. Google is actually the common name for a number with a
27. Switching letters is called spoonerism. For example, saying
jag of Flapan, instead of flag of Japan.
28. It cost 7 million dollars to build the Titanic and 200
million to make a film about it.
29. The attachment of the human skin to muscles is what causes
30. There are 1,792 steps to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
31. The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually
the sound of nitrogen gas bubbles bursting.
32. Human hair and fingernails continue to grow after death.
33. It takes about 20 seconds for a red blood cell to circle the
34. The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called
35. Most soccer players run 7 miles in a game.
36. The only part of the body that has no blood supply is the
cornea in the eye. It takes in oxygen directly from the air.
37. Every day 200 million couples make love, 400,000 babies are
born, and 140,000 people die.
38. In most watch advertisements the time displayed on the watch
is 10:10 because then the arms frame the brand of the watch (and
make it look like it
39. Colgate faced big obstacle marketing toothpaste in Spanish
speaking countries. Colgate translates into the command “go hang
40. The only 2 animals that can see behind itself without
turning its head are the rabbit and the parrot.
41. Intelligent people have more zinc
and copper in their hair.
42. The average person laughs 13 times a day.
43. Do you know the names of the three wise monkeys? They
are:Mizaru(See no evil), Mikazaru(Hear no evil), and
Mazaru(Speak no evil)
44. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
45. German Shepherds bite humans more than any other breed of
46. Large kangaroos cover more than 30 feet with each jump.
47. Whip makes a cracking sound because its tip moves faster
than the speed of sound.
48. Two animal rights protesters were protesting at the cruelty
of sending pigs to a slaughterhouse in Bonn. Suddenly the pigs,
all two thousand of them, escaped through a broken fence and
stampeded, trampling the two hapless protesters to death.
49. If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both
front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse
has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of
wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the
ground, the person died of natural cause.
50. The human heart creates enough pressure while pumping to
squirt blood 30 feet!!