CHITRAL NEWS & VIEWS
(Refresh page for latest news)
Glimpse of Chitral Valley
Chitral is the farthest North district of Pakistan. Now it has been bifurcated into two districts namely Upper and Lower Chitral. Historically it has been a sovereign territory since early history. Buddhist , Khows, Kalash and Muslims ruled chitral news valley in different intervals.
The last rulers were the Katooray tribe whose members still enjoy high positions in Chitral. The two main sects of Muslims in Chitral valley Are Sunni Muslims 70 percent and Ismailia Muslims 30 percent.
Chitral is home to the ancient Kalash tribe which makes it a great tourist attraction. It also homes Pakistan’s longest road tunnel namely Lowari Tunnel (8.5 Km). Magnificent mountains with a Terichmir peak beautiful, peaceful, and tourist-friendly people also with 6th highest peak in the world.
Chitral was always devoid of adequate communication facilities. During WW II, the ruler employed a ‘specialist’ to listen to BBC News on the only radio which belonged to the ruler and translates news about the war. I launched CHITRAL NEWS in 1993 first as a weekly Urdu newspaper named ‘Hindukush Chitral’.
In 2003 when the internet became available I transferred the paper to an online mode after renaming it as CHITRAL-NEWS. It stand out as the pioneer of honest and bold journalism in Chitral and has shown the way to many other online publications.
Published online and updated multiple times a day- CHITRAL NEWS
It is the only publication from Chitral syndicated by Google for reporting news on Chitral. Chitral News also enjoys a high page ranking of 5 on Google page rank which depicts the high quality of its readers. It has a decent presence on Facebook with over 4000 likes.
- Chitral News Briefs This page lists brief news regarding Chitral without going into the details of the news. It is essentially the crux or the takeaway from news. Read Further >>
- KP to open eight new tourist zones .. by Ahsan Gardezi KP’s Culture and Tourism Authority will open 8 new tourist zones to promote tourism in the northern province. Reports suggest the sites were approved by KP Chief Minister… Read Further >>
- NHA does dirty to Chitralis again. Issues Tunnel opening/closing ‘schedule’. CHITRAL: The NHA has issued a new 'tunnel opening/closing schedule' which on the very face of it looks riduculous and ill intended. According to the law of the land forcibly closing a… Read Further >>
- Pine nut price falls due to reduction in demand .. by Zahiruddin CHITRAL: A significant fall has been registered in the price of bumper produce of chilgoza or pine nuts in Chitral as Covid-19 pandemic kept the traders who would transport… Read Further >>
- Scientists claim to partially reverse cellular aging process (SCIEPRO/SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY/Getty Image Plus) .. by Mike Mcrae Every time a cell inside your body replicates, a slither of your youth crumbles to dust. This occurs via the shortening of telomeres, structures… Read Further >>
- PM says US pressurizing Pakistan to recognise Israel: report Prime Minister Imran Khan has said that the country is facing great pressure from the United States to recognise Israel, especially in the wake of peace deals between several Arab states and… Read Further >>
- Why ‘Meritocracy’ is the logical replacement of Democracy CHITRAL: The recently held elections in USA have proved that the process of electoral democracy is deteriorating very fast and a new system is direly needed to replace electoral democracy. ..… Read Further >>
- UAE set to attract tourists after easing restrictions CHITRAL: The United Arab Emirates though basically a typical Arab country, has over time showed pragmatism and flexibility while adapting to the changing world. With the bleak future of oil due to… Read Further >>
- World celeberates seeing American Covid vaccine on the horizon, while Dr Atta says Chinese vaccine would better suite Pakistan Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine news delivers hope around the globe News that Pfizer Inc's PFE.N experimental Covid-19 vaccine is more than 90% effective based on initial trial results renewed hope on Monday among… Read Further >>
- What Muslims can do for Islam and what they can’t do! CHITRAL: Muslims can wake up in the wee hours of the morning on a chilly dawn and wash themselves with icy water by way of ablution and then walk to the mosque… Read Further >>
- Electoral Democracy crumbling even in USA: Time to switch to ‘Meritocracy’ CHITRAL: Fiasco visible in the US elections is a proof that Electoral Democracy is capitulating under it's own weight even in one of the biggest and most advanced Democratic country. The countinuos… Read Further >>
- Govt fixes transport fares only to be flouted. CHITRAL: The provincial govt of KPK has re-fixed transport fares accross the province after reduction of one ruppee per liter in the diesel prices. An example is the notification of the Peshawar… Read Further >>
- In defence of the Constitution by: Raza Muhammad Khan PAKISTANI Constitution alludes to the jeopardy against itself as high treason, though this phraseology usually portrays putting the country in danger by helping the enemies. Apart from actions… Read Further >>
- ‘Meritocray’ not electoral politics, says PM Imran Khan .. by Mumtaz Alvi ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan says he wants to replicate the Chinese model in Pakistan that lifted 700 million people out of poverty within a short period of… Read Further >>
- First gymnasium in Chitral starts paying back CHITRAL: Chitral's first gymnasium established in March but closed down soon after due to Covid-19 restrictions has started functioning again for the last three months now. The exercise facility is being used… Read Further >>
- Chitrali music depicts heroic role of women CHITRAL: The first-ever album of Khowar folk songs has been widely appreciated by music lovers, who term it an invaluable effort to preserve the treasure of old songs, which are subject to… Read Further >>
- Ground breaking of five star hotel in Chitral held [caption id="attachment_21162" align="aligncenter" width="1032"] Ground breaking of Five Star Hotel in Chitral[/caption] CHITRAL: Ground breaking ceremony of the first five star hotel was held in Chitral. The ceremony was attended by Special… Read Further >>
- ہفتہ عشق رسول صلی اللہ علیہ وآلہ وسلم کیسے منایا جائے ؟ اسلام آباد: وزیر اعظم عمران خان نے ملک بھر میں ہفتہ عشق رسول صلی اللہ علیہ وآلہ وسلم منانے کا حتمی پلان تیار کرنے کی ہدایت کردی تفصیلات کے مطابق وفاقی حکومت… Read Further >>
- Authority set up to preserve Kalash culture With a population of just 4,000, the Kalash tribe are fast disappearing with their culture APP October 25, 2020 PESHAWAR: After deciding to enact a law for the recognition of their marriages,… Read Further >>