CHITRAL NEWS & VIEWS
(Refresh page for latest news)
Glimpse of Chitral Valley
Chitral is the farthest North district of Pakistan. Now it has been bifurcated into two districts namely Upper and Lower Chitral. Historically it has been a sovereign territory since early history. Buddhist , Khows, Kalash and Muslims ruled chitral news valley in different intervals.
The last rulers were the Katooray tribe whose members still enjoy high positions in Chitral. The two main sects of Muslims in Chitral valley Are Sunni Muslims 70 percent and Ismailia Muslims 30 percent.
Chitral is home to the ancient Kalash tribe which makes it a great tourist attraction. It also homes Pakistan’s longest road tunnel namely Lowari Tunnel (8.5 Km). Magnificent mountains with a Terichmir peak beautiful, peaceful, and tourist-friendly people also with 6th highest peak in the world.
Chitral was always devoid of adequate communication facilities. During WW II, the ruler employed a ‘specialist’ to listen to BBC News on the only radio which belonged to the ruler and translates news about the war. I launched CHITRAL NEWS in 1993 first as a weekly Urdu newspaper named ‘Hindukush Chitral’.
In 2003 when the internet became available I transferred the paper to an online mode after renaming it as CHITRAL-NEWS. It stand out as the pioneer of honest and bold journalism in Chitral and has shown the way to many other online publications.
Published online and updated multiple times a day- CHITRAL NEWS
It is the only publication from Chitral syndicated by Google for reporting news on Chitral. Chitral News also enjoys a high page ranking of 5 on Google page rank which depicts the high quality of its readers. It has a decent presence on Facebook with over 4000 likes.
- Chitral News Briefs This page lists brief news regarding Chitral without going into the details of the news. It is essentially the crux or the takeaway from news. Read Further >>
- Tourists brave freezing cold, to visit Chitral CHITRAL : Large number of tourists have been pouring in from across the country into Chitral valley in the dead of the winter overcrowding the hotels and guest houses in the far… Read Further >>
- Chitral gets first female Police head CHITRAL: Ms Sonia Shamroz Khan Jadoon has been posted as District Police Officer (DPO) Lower Chitral. She is the first female police officer to head the police in the district. She will… Read Further >>
- Widening of road from Shoghore to Susum Karimabad Dear Sir, With the efforts of honourable MPA Wazir Zada, grant of Rs 100 million has been allocated for the widening of road from Shoghore to Susum Karimabad. Initially this road was… Read Further >>
- Selection of site for Chitral University The disputed site for the above University has vexed many brains and it is in fact the result of the poor performance of the provincial government. The Public reps have also taken… Read Further >>
- ‘Fully-funded Scholarships’ for Pakistani students .. By Rumaisa Khalil Uddin Pakistani students interested in doing Undergraduate, Masters, Ph.D., or Post Doctoral Programs from abroad can now avail the top 7 largest and most famous, global scholarships. These… Read Further >>
- Kalash funeral amidst sorrow and celebration CHITRAL: Death rituals of the Kalash tribe have always been different and fascinating for the onlookers and observers. Earlier in times the Kalash did not bury their dead but kept them in… Read Further >>
- Fake Online Company in Peshawar Steals Rs 5.6 Billion From investors An online investment company has defrauded more than 100,000 KP residents of Rs. 5.6 billion. According to details, PSlash, the company in question, had set up an office in Deans Trade Center… Read Further >>
- 2020 was a terrible year, but the world is in better shape .. By Rob Picheta, CNN London (CNN)In 2020, a devastating virus officially disappeared from the continent it had once ravaged -- a remarkable public health achievement that followed decades of work. But… Read Further >>
- اپیل بنام مولانا طارق جمیل مولانا طارق جمیل ہمارے ملک کے ایک جید عالم ہیں. تبلیغی جماعت کے اہم رہنما ہیں اور فرقہ وارانہ ہم آہنگی کے اہم داعی ہیں. حال ہی میں کرونا کے مرض سے… Read Further >>
- A tribute to the Quaid e Azam (urdu) Read Further >>
- Merry Christmas to our Christian readers A Merry Christmas and Pleasant Holidays to all our Christian readers Read Further >>
- ‘Dishonesty’ with impunity is the ‘new normal’ in Pakistan CHITRAL: Until the 1960s there was a distinct definition of 'Honesty' and 'Dishonesty' in our society. Then, if a person indulged in dishonest behaviour he would stand out in a crowd and… Read Further >>
- Suggestion for Senate elections CHITRAL: Senate elections and horse trading have become synonyms in Pakistan. Members of provincial Assemblies love the Senate elections more than their own victory in polls- For obvious reason. The senate elections… Read Further >>
- MacKenzie Scott has Donated $4.2 Billion to Charity The billionaire distributed the vast sum to 384 organizations, primarily focused on lessening the economic impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. .. By Bryan Hood Evan Agostini MacKenzie Scott is taking a decidedly… Read Further >>
- Remembering East Pakistan .. By Lt Gen (rtd) Raza Muhammad Khan TO usher in democracy, Pakistan permitted the Awami League (AL) of Mujib to contest elections in Dec 1970, on the basis of his Six… Read Further >>
- Politics in Pakistan getting nonsensical by the day CHITRAL: The rate at which the quality of politics is deteriorating in Pakistan is a forewarning that politics is seeing it's end time. Politicians are no more venerated and even the best… Read Further >>
- Ismailis celebrate Imam’s birthday through voluntary works The Ismaili community in Chitral celebrated the 84th birthday of His Highness the Aga Khan through voluntary services. On 13 December, Ismaili community around the world celebrated the 84th birthday of His… Read Further >>
- Winter festival starts in Kalash valleys CHITRAL: The festivities of 'Chitirmas' winter festival of Kalash people have started to gain momentum in all the three valleys of Bumburate, Rumbur and Birir as the mandatory functions, including Sarazari, Kotramu… Read Further >>