CHITRAL NEWS & VIEWS
(Refresh page for latest news)
Glimpse of Chitral Valley
Chitral is the farthest North district of Pakistan. Now it has been bifurcated into two districts namely Upper and Lower Chitral. Historically it has been a sovereign territory since early history. Buddhist , Khows, Kalash and Muslims ruled chitral news valley in different intervals.
The last rulers were the Katooray tribe whose members still enjoy high positions in Chitral. The two main sects of Muslims in Chitral valley Are Sunni Muslims 70 percent and Ismailia Muslims 30 percent.
Chitral is home to the ancient Kalash tribe which makes it a great tourist attraction. It also homes Pakistan’s longest road tunnel namely Lowari Tunnel (8.5 Km). Magnificent mountains with a Terichmir peak beautiful, peaceful, and tourist-friendly people also with 6th highest peak in the world.
Chitral was always devoid of adequate communication facilities. During WW II, the ruler employed a ‘specialist’ to listen to BBC News on the only radio which belonged to the ruler and translates news about the war. I launched CHITRAL NEWS in 1993 first as a weekly Urdu newspaper named ‘Hindukush Chitral’.
In 2003 when the internet became available I transferred the paper to an online mode after renaming it as CHITRAL-NEWS. It stand out as the pioneer of honest and bold journalism in Chitral and has shown the way to many other online publications.
Published online and updated multiple times a day- CHITRAL NEWS
It is the only publication from Chitral syndicated by Google for reporting news on Chitral. Chitral News also enjoys a high page ranking of 5 on Google page rank which depicts the high quality of its readers. It has a decent presence on Facebook with over 4000 likes.
- Chitral News Briefs This page lists brief news regarding Chitral without going into the details of the news. It is essentially the crux or the takeaway from news. Read Further >>
- How to hack into our happy hormones . . By Shamanic Biohacker Hormones are chemical messengers that are secreted directly into the blood, which carries them to organs and tissues of the body to exert their functions. There are… Read Further >>
- Giving credit to Imran Khan Dear Sir, The Present Prime Minister, came to power bringing with him a gleam of hope and positivity for the general public specially the youth of the country. How much has he… Read Further >>
- Traumatic experience of a woman due lack of facilities at Drosh hospital CHITRAL: A recent incidence of a woman giving birth to a baby in a rescue ambulance has been painted rosily in the press, but the traumatic experience the woman went through tells… Read Further >>
- Japanese man you can ‘rent to do nothing’ has thousands of clients .. by Emily Cope A man who makes a living by renting himself out “to do nothing” has garnered an enormous following online and thousands of clients. For 10,000 yen (£70) -… Read Further >>
- NTS system- Meritocracy or an illusion .. by Prof. Rahmat Karim Baig There are a number of theories about education and methods of educating children. The Islamic method is one of the oldest ones but the British system… Read Further >>
- How would the world be today, if there were no wars in history? It would be a wonderful attempt by Hollywood to make a film on the visualised theme of the world today had there been no devastating wars since beginning of recorded history. [caption… Read Further >>
- 13 suffer facial paralysis after coronavirus vaccine – report .. By Jerusalem Post staff A HEALTHCARE worker prepares a COVID-19 vaccine at a vaccination center in Rehovot on Monday. (photo credit: YOSSI ALONI/FLASH90) Some 13 people have experienced mild facial… Read Further >>
- When Hollywood came to Chitral .. by Fateh-ul-Mulk Ali Nasir Raymond Massey as Prince Ghul together with Captain Carruthers The former North West Frontier was in a way colonial British India’s answer to the Wild West of North… Read Further >>
- The ‘Sharafat’ of Chitralis manifested in Lowari Tunnel project Dear Sir, I had lodged a complaint on Citizen's portal about the uncalled for blocking of the Lowari tunnel for passenger vehicles at frequent intervals throughout the day. The response I have… Read Further >>
- Musk in the lead again as Tesla stocks rebound Sergei Klebnikov Forbes Staff SAUL MARTINEZ/GETTY IMAGES Tesla’s TSLA +4.7% billionaire CEO and cofounder, Elon Musk, is again the richest person in the world after shares of his electric-vehicle maker rebounded on Tuesday. Just $1.4 billion… Read Further >>
- Elon spent just four days at the top before being pushed off Elon Musk spends just four days as the world's richest man before Tesla stock nosedives by almost 8 per cent - wiping nearly $14billion from his net worth Elon Musk's net worth… Read Further >>
- Chitral’s luxury bus service sets a good example CHITRAL: Almost every service available to the residents of the districts of Chitral is more or less substandard. Despite God gifted natural beauty, majestic mountains and flowing rivers, Chitralis are condemned to… Read Further >>
- Elon Musk, the new rich man, reaffirms his resolve to live on Mars For the last few years, Jeff Bezos has been the richest person in the world — even after losing a large chunk of his fortune in a divorce. That changed this week… Read Further >>
- Number of chinar trees on the decline in Chitral .. by Zahiruddin Chitral Fort is one of the few places with chinar trees.-Dawn “In past, a stranger entering any village of Chitral would pause for a while to look for a… Read Further >>
- Elon Musk: No, not yet, says Forbes .. by Sergei Klebnikov Forbes Staff The Tesla billionaire’s incredible run continues, but he’s still $11 billion behind Jeff Bezos. BRITTA PEDERSEN-POOL/GETTY IMAGES Despite seeing his net worth skyrocket in recent months—and… Read Further >>
- DPO vows to combat drug menace, female suicide trend CHITRAL: As a first, a lady District Police Officer Lower Chitral, Ms Sonia Shamrroz has expressed resolve to combat the menace of drug pedalling and consumption in Chitral. She was addressing her… Read Further >>
- Musk overtakes Bezoz in the ‘Rich Man’ race 'How strange... well back to work': Elon Musk's deadpan reaction to overtaking Bezos and becoming richest man in world as 6% surge in Tesla shares pushes his fortune to $188.5bn Elon Musk's… Read Further >>
- اسلام میں حقوق انسانی کی اہمیت مسلمانوں میں ایک بہت بڑی غلط فہمی پروان چڑھائی گئی ہے کہ گناہ معاف ہو جاتے ہیں. مسلمانوں کو اچھی طرح سمجھ لینا چاہئے کہ معافی ذاتی گناھوں کی ہوتی ہے مثلآ… Read Further >>